Gosforth Playground re-opened on 4th July 2020 following a period of closure due to Covid 19. Please follow social distancing measures at all times to keep you and your family safe.
Please note that food and drink cannot be consumed in the playground. It is recommended that you bring sanitiser and cloths or wipes with you to ensure hand hygiene and to clean down the equipment before and after use. Please do not allow your children to play with the Talk Tubes as these are a significant infection risk. To ensure you are ready to use the play area safely, please read these simple instructions that the Parish Council are asking you to follow:
- Parents & guardians must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children & others.
- The equipment is checked regularly (monthly) for damage, wear & tear, but it is NOT sanitised or disinfected.
- The play equipment is shared, publicly accessible equipment, used at your own risk.
- Do not use the equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before you enter the play area.
- Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before & after using the play area.
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces or putting their mouths on the equipment.
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others who are not in your household- current advice is to maintain a distance of 2m where possible or 1m with mitigation such as wearing a mask or face covering (not advised for the under 3’s).
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time whilst social distancing. Please ensure your children wait at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
- Try to avoid busy times.
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, you MUST take it home with you. DO NOT LITTER.
- Please take ALL LITTER HOME for disposal to protect our Volunteer.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20seconds with water and soap when you get home.
We hope you enjoy using this play area and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe by following these instructions.
This guidance maybe updated as regulations and guidelines change, therefore we ask you to review the signage each time you access the play area.
Thank you and stay safe.