Gosforth Parish Council are pleased to announce that Gosforth Playground will re-open on 4th July 2020. In line with government guidance there are some restrictions which are listed below. Please note Food and Drink cannot be consumed in the playground area and we are asking everyone to keep socially distanced and to take your litter home with you to avoid spreading the virus. Please do not allow your children to play with the Talk Tubes. Bring your own sanitiser and clean your childrens hands before and after playing on the equipment and consider bringing cloths to wipe down the equipment before use. Thank you and stay safe.
Guidance for users of Gosforth Playground
- Parents & guardians must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children & others.
- The equipment is checked regularly (monthly) for damage, wear & tear, but it is NOT sanitised or disinfected.
- This is shared, publicly accessible equipment, used at your own risk.
- Do not use this equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before you enter this play area.
- Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before & after using the play area.
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces.
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others who are not in your household- current advice is to maintain a distance of 2m where possible or 1m with mitigation such as wearing a mask or face covering (not advised for the under 3’s).
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time whilst social distancing. Please ensure your children wait at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
- Try to avoid busy times.
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE, you MUST take it home with you. DO NOT LITTER.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20seconds with water and soap when you get home.
We hope you enjoy using this play area and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe by following these instructions.
This guidance maybe updated as regulations and guidelines change, therefore we ask you to review this signage each time you access the play area.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the Parish Clerk on Gosforth.email@example.com or tel: 01229 717551