Gosforth War Memorial was unveiled in September 1921 by Sir Aubrey Brocklebank. The inscription reads

‘TO THE MEN OF THIS PARISH WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR COUNTRY – THE GREAT WAR 1914 – 1918’

on the lower pedestal ‘1939 – 1945 Planter: DONATED BY GOSFORTH WI/JUNE 2000’

 

On Remembrance Sunday in 2018 a ceremony took place to commemorate the centenary of Armistice Day – 100 years since the end of World War One.